Marketing to Moms: 6 Ways the Smartphone is Changing Holiday Shopping Behavior
December 10, 2010 § Leave a Comment
THE POWER OF THE PALM ( MOBILE DEVICE)
Are smartphones making us smarter? With smartphone users now composing some 30% of the mobile audience, the smartphone is allowing women to shop in new and smarter ways. InsightExpress released a new Smartphone Shopping Study that further confirms how we are more digital savvy with our new devices.
1. 29% will use their smartphone for price comparisons.
2. 23% will be looking for product reviews.
3. 22% will be receiving sale alerts.
4. 20% will search to see if products are at another store
5. 19% will use mobile barcode scanning apps
6. 19% will receive coupons on their phones
Women love to use their cameras to compare and show others what they are buying. My daughter often sends me pics for advice before she makes a purchase. Evidently 34% of us take pictures in stores and 25% of us send them to others for opinions.
DEAR SANTA – I WANT AN APP FOR THAT!
Here’s the facts on accessing a retailer on our smartphones. Some 48% want to visit a mobile website and 38% prefer a mobile application.
Retailers Beware: If you are not mobile optimized, you may not be in Santa’s sleigh this year.