Merry Christmas: Reindeer Safe from Grandma!
December 23, 2012 § Leave a Comment
The Lipstick Economy wants to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And here are some facts from Public Policy Polling that you can use when there’s a lull in the conversation at your holiday dinner table.
• 61 percent said they would not pursue charges if Grandma got run over by Santa’s reindeer. Democrats were more likely to pursue charges than Republicans.
• 36 percent agreed that the most annoying holiday song is “The Chipmunk Song.” No. 2 is “Santa Baby.”
• 52 percent of voters said they believe in Santa Claus, 80 percent said they are on the “nice” list, 11 percent admitted they are on the “naughty” list. 87 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas.
• 43 percent would tell “Daddy” if they saw “Mommy” kissing Santa Claus. The poll did not ask about “Daddy” kissing Santa.
• The most popular holiday movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life,” 22 percent. Second is ”A Christmas Story,” 20 percent.
• 47 percent of voters said there is a “war on Christmas.”
• 32 percent of voters correctly identified the number of days in Hanukkah.
• 44 percent of people surveyed recently think Santa is a Democrat. About 28 percent said Santa is a Republican.
• 68 percent plan on attending worship services this year.
Have a wonderful holiday full of peace and joy!