Marketing to Women: Smartphone Users Search Locally
February 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
Sometimes we forget the obvious. The attached infographic on local shopping is a good reminder for any retailer to make sure they are easy to find on mobile search. Business listings are just an extension of your online and offline marketing. So if you are reading this right now, stop what you are doing and google your business from your smartphone or tablet.
Here are a few of the facts:
• 49% of mobile and tablet users use apps for local business searches.
• 61% of smartphone users conduct local searches from their device.
• 64% of tablet users search for local stores on their device at least weekly
• 61% of those searching consider search results more relevant than paid ads (10%)
• Most popular searches – restaurants, shopping and healthcare