Marketing to Women: Six Truths about Social Media Usage
April 28, 2014 § Leave a comment
Six truths about Women and Social Media. (Infographic below.)
1. Women have dominated social media for some time. A greater percentage of adult U.S. women use Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter than male counterparts. The one social network that boasts more men is the professional-networking site LinkedIn.
2. Women use social media more often during the day. Thirty percent (30%) of women use social media several times daily, compared to 26% of men.
3. Women are more likely to interact with brand in social media, compared to men. Women show support, access offers, stay current and comment at greater rates than men.
4. Women consumer more news in social media than men. Some 58% of women consumer news compared to 42% men.
5. Women also use smartphones and tablets more often for social media.
6. And women post more images to social media, helping to grow visual sites like Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr.